Friday, August 22, 2008

40 Words or less?




He thought he was ready,
to try a real trick,
He's so desparate to
try to fit in.

He leaned just a little,
then lost his grip,
No helmet would save
his scraped chin!


I know, 3 posts in one day!! But I skipped over to http://pensieve.typepad.com/ to see what was happening there, and unlike my usual response ("Hey cool picture, huh.") I went, "Yeah, nice, wait, He thought he was ready..." and a poem came out. So here it is. Thanks Pensieve! For more information, like where the photo came from, click over to her site!


ps. ok, who counted?

2 comments:

Peculiar said...

This was very good. I'm glad you hopped over to Robin's and decided to join in. Although I didn't do poetry for my entry today, you can't go wrong with it for a submission for a photo prompt or anything like that.

Anonymous said...

Shoot...three posts, and I'm loving each one! GREAT job with this and it leaves me grinning. I just love it when something "writes itself" like this seemingly did for you. Thank you for taking the plunge this week; maybe now that the wheels are turning (hehe), you'll keep it going!