Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Few Words...

I am back.  What have we been doing?  Well, I have been potty training my 2 year old, I am hoping he will be potty trained before he turns 3 in 2 weeks!  Right now he uses the potty very well, as long as he is wearing only a shirt.  If he puts anything on his nether regions, he feels comfortable peeing on said fabric little bits every ten minutes.  I am hoping we will reach a point where he can wear clothes and STILL pee on the potty, but it remains to be seen!!

Swimming lessons were survived this summer, we had great, and I mean GREAT instructors, the one in particular that actually got Zachary IN the water is my new hero at the moment.  After a year of forcing him to come and watching him sit on the shore, then the year of him not even going, it was so great to have a year where he learned how to swim!!  There is more to learn, of course, neither he nor Michael passed their level, but that was not really a surprise, at these levels it takes more than a few weeks of summer to master the skills.

We took a family vacation, thanks to my mom, to Niagra Falls this past May.  We were gone for a week, and it was lovely.  We stayed by Lake Ontario, and I had no idea how beautiful the Great Lakes are!

Those are just some high lights!  I hope to talk about soccer, and babysitting, and teenage drivers, and robotics, and much, much more as the next few days come!

ps.  I am uber-excited impressed that blogger has added a strikethrough button near the italics, bold, and underline buttons!  YAY!!!!

No comments: