Sunday, August 2, 2009

Big Babies...

So, my midwife (not the one who delivered all four of my boys, sadly she has changed professions) met with me this past Friday. She said, "OK, let's look at the ultrasound results... hm... how big did you say your biggest baby was?"

"Nine pounds, 12.6 ounces."

"Oh, ok, it looks like we may have another big baby here."

He apparently measured over five and a half pounds. He could be a preemie and still come home from the hospital. For those of you unaware (I have to be reminded every pregnancy) babies tend to gain half a pound a week the last eight weeks. We have seven weeks to go, which means 9 pounds by the 20th of September.

So, I rattled off to her 9 lbs, 12.6 oz, followed by 9 lbs, 6.4 oz, then 8 lbs, 12.6 oz (exactly a pound less than the first) and the last was 8 lbs, 2 oz, but came out with his fist beside his forehead. Big babies don't scare us.

Bring him on!

3 comments:

Alyson said...

My babies keep getting bigger. Last one was 8pounds 10 ounces...I say at least that for this one as well.
whatever... it hurts anyway right?? ;)

mommagurl32 said...

I didn't know where to comment back so I figured here was a good place. I have had 4 big babies too, 8 lbs 13 oz, 9 lbs, 8 lbs 8oz, and 8 lbs even (he was 2 weeks early, and he came out face up...good times). Anywho,I was responding to your comment on my blog! I really should throw out all my socks and start fresh but I am so durn cheap! I might have to have my husband do it while I am not looking on trash day or something...

Nicki said...

LOL! I love it!