Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I REALLY WANT TO POST A VIDEO!!!!!!!

So, Zachary was being adorable last night. He got up to sit at the supper table and started singing Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes. Later in the evening he added Once There Was a Snowman and The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock. All three songs are in our Primary Songbook, and they sing them in nursery. Nursery is the part of church he spends half of his time, after our family has sat through Sacrament meeting and listened to the speakers together. They have apparently been singing these songs in there, and after Brian and Michael, I had completely forgotten what a joy it is to listen to a small child sing. Brian screamed if anyone sang anything besides the ABC song (including Twinkle twinkle and Baa Baa Black Sheep which have the same tune) and Michael simply ignored singing until he was about 6, and then we learned he has no rhythym. I mean none. Nada. Ixnay on the ythymray. Can't hold a beat to save his life. Takes after his Dad, who if you have ever seen him dance, you know the Robot is his best thing.But, Zachary's got it. Rhythym, interest, and even a few two-year-old dance moves. It's very encouraging. Now I want my VCR hooked up so I can look back at how adorable Dustin was singing at this age! He knew all the words, having heard them over and over! I need to sing more to Z, so he can catch up!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Way too cute! He's good! I can't believe we haven't seen it sooner-the rhythm I mean. Good Job on the video too.