Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Someday, I'll work on my timing...

My son's Lego League is flying to Atlanta in two weeks. When I went in to tuck him in (poor things, I'll probably still tuck them in when they come home from college), he said, "I can't wait 'til tomorrow, because it's one day closer to when we leave."

What was my witty comeback?

"Stop sleeping on top of your quilt, sheets are there for a reason, you will ruin your quilt if you lay right on it all the time."

Mom of the Year, anyone?

OK, OK, I'm going to apologize.

2 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Haha!! I think we've all done that!

Sometimes you just catch yourself and wonder what you were (or weren't!) thinking.

Anonymous said...

Hey ! Marie........

You're doing the best you can and each time we catch ourselves is an opportunity. Opportunity to be real and intimate with your kids, with your friends, with your spouse, and with the heavenly father who knows us best but longs for our communication anyway.
I am so sutbborn, that it is like pulling teeth for me to admit I was wrong, but each time I do, God reveals another layer of the person he wants me to be!
Love to you....Kathy b